Adobe Launches CS6, What’s New in InDesign CS6, Tablet Apps Study, Condé Nast Optimizes for the iPad, Content Strategies for Publishers
Welcome to TFP’s weekly roundup of interesting and noteworthy stories from the publishing world. This week we’re discussing Adobe’s launch of Creative Cloud and CS6, how InDesign CS6’s new features will impact design, ABI Research’s tablet app study, and more.
- The biggest news of the week was Adobe’s launch of Creative Cloud and CS6. Watch the full presentation below to see the keynotes, demos of new features, and more.
- With the announcement of Adobe CS6 came lots of questions about what new features were being introduced, and how they’ll affect design and workflow. We discussed five of the most dramatic new features of InDesign CS6 on the TFP blog, and we also made our newest e-handbook, What’s New: InDesign CS6, available for pre-ordering.
- 80% of tablet app downloads will be focused on games, digital publishing, social networking, and e-commerce by 2016, according to a new study released by ABI Research.
- When Apple introduced the new iPad, the first thing the publishing industry wanted to know was, “How does this affect us?” The answer came pretty quickly; the device’s increased screen resolution meant that many existing magazine apps needed to be optimized. Over the past month, we’ve heard publishers slowly start to announce that their titles are optimized for the new iPad, like MSLO’s Everyday Food and Whole Living, and this week, Condé Nast announced that all of its titles are now new iPad-friendly. Although optimizing for the new iPad adds to existing digital publishing workflows, it’s clear that it’s a necessary step.
- How does your organization view its content? Do you aim for a “create once, publish many” model? Margot Knorr Mancini explains why you should, on the TFP blog.
This Week in Publishing appears every Friday on the TFP blog. Every week we compile interesting and noteworthy stories from the publishing world and put together a wrap-up to help our readers stay up-to-date. Think we missed something great? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Posted by: tfpadmin