Independent Magazine Media Conference, The Four Years that Changed the Magazine Newsstand, National Journal Gains 600 Members, Adobe DPS Release 20 Webinar, Google’s 7-inch Tablet
Welcome to TFP’s weekly roundup of interesting and noteworthy stories from the publishing world. This week we’re discussing MPA’s Independent Magazine Media Conference, how the past four years have changed the magazine newsstand, National Journal‘s membership success, and more.
- MPA‘s Independent Magazine Media Conference took place in Cambridge, Mass., this week. Didn’t make it to the event? MPA put together a recap of the highlights.
- A lot has changed in the magazine industry over the past four years. Audience Development looks back at where we’ve been and and how we got to where we are now, in its article “The Four Years that Changed the Magazine Newsstand: 2008 to 2011.”
- Atlantic Media’s National Journal membership-based service now boasts 600 members, including nearly half of the Fortune 100. The enterprise service, announced in August, is designed to replace the individual subscription model.
- This week, Adobe® presented its Digital Publishing Suite™ Sprint 20 platform update via webinar. During the hourlong presentation, the Digital Publishing Suite team discussed the latest DPS updates and provided an outline of features planned for the next release. A recording of this presentation is now available.
- Google’s 7-inch tablet PC is set to start shipping in June, with an initial shipment of about 600,000 units. There is growing speculation that competition in the 7-inch tablet market will heat up in the second half of 2012.
- Following a successful launch last week, America’s Test Kitchen’s Cook’s Illustrated was named iPad App of the Week on iTunes.
This Week in Publishing appears every Friday on the TFP blog. Every week we compile interesting and noteworthy stories from the publishing world and put together a wrap-up to help our readers stay up-to-date. Think we missed something great? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Posted by: tfpadmin