Pinterest has become a powerful referral source for many publishers. In order to best leverage the social media tool, it’s important to stay up to date on the latest features, user statistics, and trends, as well as how other publishers are successfully using it. That’s why each month, we bring you a digest of the Pinterest coverage that’s relevant to the publishing and media industries.
You can also find Technology for Publishing on Pinterest, where we’re pinning interesting and inspiring content related to the media industry. Check out our boards there!
- Study Reports 20% of Overall Traffic Comes From Facebook and Pinterest (Search Engine Journal)
- Pinterest Launches Interests, a Tool to Let Users Explore Topics and Find Pins They Like (The Next Web)
- Pinterest Gives Mobile Site a Makeover as Smartphone Traffic Booms (Entrepreneur)
- 7 Actionable Ways to Get Email Subscribers From Pinterest (Business 2 Community)
- Pinterest Now Playing GIFs With a Pause Button (CNET)
- Pinterest More Popular Than Email for Sharing Content Online (Wired)
- Pinterest CEO Lays Out Growth Plan, Sees Revenue in 2014 (The Wall Street Journal)
- Will Newspeg Become Pinterest for Journalists? (10,000 Words)
- Courtesy of Punchfork Acquisition, Pinterest Launches a Recipe Search Engine (TechCrunch)
- Pinterest Is Changing the Way We Blog (ReadWrite)
- Lovelist App Lets You Add Real World Items to Pinterest Boards (AppNewser)
- 33 Ways to Get More Pins and Repins on Pinterest [Infographic] (Social Marketing Writing)
- How to Embed Pinterest Pins on Your Website or Blog (Business 2 Community)
- Pinterest Updates Acceptable Use Policy and Cracks Down on Paid Pins (Marketing Pilgrim)
- How to Market on Pinterest and Instagram — Even if You Don’t Have a Branded Account (Marketing Land)
10 Tips to Get More Followers on Pinterest (Search Engine Journal)
- Seven Ways to Increase Your Followers on Pinterest [Infographic] (SocialTimes)
- Behind Pinterest’s Crackdown on Paid Pins: Stopping Visual Pollution (ReadWrite)
Posted by: Michele Lee DeFilippo
Michele Lee DeFilippo is a contributing editor and copyeditor for Technology for Publishing. As the team’s quality control specialist, she brings an eagle eye and keen perspective on IT issues to keep TFP’s content polished and focused on information that’s relevant to industry audiences.